• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Was thinking the same. Really don’t care if we finish in the top 4 or not. Yeah in theory it would help us sign better players it’s helped us win nothing since we first finished in the top 4 13 years ago. It would serve the club right for always prioritising top 4 over silverware. I realise that may come across that I want us to miss out, I really don’t. If I actually thought we would build on it then I’d celebrate it as such. I’m more disappointed about losing to Sheffield United than I would be about finishing 5th and blowing it on the last day.
Sums up my feelings on it all. I was far more annoyed by the FA Cup exit than I was losing to Wolves. All we've heard for years is that we need to be in the CL for the growth of our club and to compete for top honours but where has it got us? Then I look at teams that didn't/don't have CL football yet manage to win silverware. Look at Arsenal, they've been below us every season since 2016 yet they still picked up silverware snd now look far more likely to win the league than we ever did, without CL football.

United aren't out of sight for 3rd or 4th yet either. That second half performance yesterday was hands-down the most unprofessional I've seen from any professional team. It was that bad. It'll be interesting to see how they recover from it. It may be a one-off but it might not be.

Sums up my feelings on it all. I was far more annoyed by the FA Cup exit than I was losing to Wolves. All we've heard for years is that we need to be in the CL for the growth of our club and to compete for top honours but where has it got us? Then I look at teams that didn't/don't have CL football yet manage to win silverware. Look at Arsenal, they've been below us every season since 2016 yet they still picked up silverware snd now look far more likely to win the league than we ever did, without CL football.

And did it really help Arsenal that much when they were finishing in the top 4 season after season? Didn’t help them win the league, reached one CL final but never won it. Went 9 years without winning anything. It’s better to be in it than not but it’s not the silver bullet everything thinks it is.

United aren't out of sight for 3rd or 4th yet either. That second half performance yesterday was hands-down the most unprofessional I've seen from any professional team. It was that bad. It'll be interesting to see how they recover from it. It may be a one-off but it might not be.

I think us aiming for 3rd is extremely ambitious given our form. We won’t finish above Liverpool let alone Liverpool AND United.

I think us aiming for 3rd is extremely ambitious given our form. We won’t finish above Liverpool let alone Liverpool AND United.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Liverpool get 3rd to be honest. I’m not really targeting 3rd, just thinking there are two spots to play for.

I still think there are a lot of surprise results in store:

1. United may have a bad reaction to yesterday. There were some really worrying signs.
2. Liverpool aren’t back to their best. The second half was very good but they were helped by slapstick defending and no effort from the opposition.
3. Saudi Sportswashing Machine aren’t good enough to be where they were. They’ll have 4-5 more defeats this season.

Unfortunately, we’re ridiculously inconsistent. If we go on a run like last year, we’ll get top 4 but there’s just a really strange, horrible feeling around the club at the moment.

What a miss :D:D:D. Thought it was a harsh pen, arms are going to go up like that when jumping, hit him from behind

Defending now is so hard, literally can't make any human moves such as using your arms to jump or when you are sliding, any natural movement could result in a pen, thats where VAR has made this game a mockery, no real common sense to actions in the moment, its now still shots, ohh ball hit his hand, Pen

Back