• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

After reading that Liverpool will play national anthem at match on Saturday I hope I'm home in time to see their fans show themselves up on tele.

If you're talking about the prospect of them booing, why should they show respect to a song about a undemocraticly elected bloke and an unspecified deity?

If you're talking about the prospect of them booing, why should they show respect to a song about a undemocraticly elected bloke and an unspecified deity?

Why should they boo? I do not support the monarchy and chose not to sing. The day will come when we don't have a monarch, it worries me what we get to replace it, Liz Truss, Boris Johnson, Tony Blair?

Why should they boo? I do not support the monarchy and chose not to sing. The day will come when we don't have a monarch, it worries me what we get to replace it, Liz Truss, Boris Johnson, Tony Blair?

Why shouldn't they? You have the choice to not sing, they have the choice to boo. You're the one with the problem with them booing it...

There's two good reasons my response that you could probably have done the working out on rather than asking an obvious question. GHod and the king don't represent many people who happen to be English.

Plus it's a dreary, drab flimflam anthem that sucks the energy out of any event.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't they? You have the choice to not sing, they have the choice to boo. You're the one with the problem with them booing it...

There's two good reasons my response that you could probably have done the working out on rather than asking an obvious question. GHod and the king don't represent many people who happen to be English.

Plus it's a dreary, drab flimflam anthem that sucks the energy out of any event.

Whatever it's just the action of boorish oafs, as far as I'm concerned I'm English for sporting events and British the rest of the time, but I suppose for the purpose of starting an agrument you will defend the nations or Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Liverpool, Wessex, Mercia, Northumberland, Kent, Essex, Sussex, East Anglia and any other nationalist groups in our multi cultural land to divide rather than unite.

I'm not a monarchist (far from it) but my answer to your question "why shouldn't they boo?" is simply, because it isn't a fudging pantomime!

I'll remain silent... no need to spoil it for those who are monarchists. They're not harming me... same as I don't walk into a church and boo them or show up at memorials for dead soldiers and boo even if I disagree about the reasons they were at war.

Booing is just a bit pathetic imo, especially for something that is disrespectful for no good reason. Its not going to effect any change, its just going to show the people who boo up

If, however, 99% of the stadium remained silent, then that would be a statement...I doubt that would happen unfortunately

Agree about the deity, but the unelected bloke is 1,000 times the person anyof them could ever dream of being. And I'm no fan of Charles.

They can boo our anthem when they stop spending our taxes.

It's not as if them booing the anthem, for the most part, would be based on any strong ideology objecting to the concept of a constitutional monarchy and of privilege being granted to a select few as a birth-right.
It's just the 'scouse not English' thing they have going on.

Whatever it's just the action of boorish oafs, as far as I'm concerned I'm English for sporting events and British the rest of the time, but I suppose for the purpose of starting an agrument you will defend the nations or Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Liverpool, Wessex, Mercia, Northumberland, Kent, Essex, Sussex, East Anglia and any other nationalist groups in our multi cultural land to divide rather than unite.

How am I trying to start an argument? You asked a question and I gave you some context. I'm guessing you just wanted everyone to simultaneously scoff in disgust at Liverpool fans, my apologies.

Liverpudlians aren't a monolith and whilst the reasons @Glenda's Legs may be largely correct, everyone has their own reasons. IIRC they aren't huge in to the monarchy up there though and in my opinion there's a strong link.

I tend to think about humans rather than borders / divisions where possible but history is important and the Ingerlish did some messed up brick. If the thought of areas breaking away due to not being ruled by folks like King Charles and Boris Johnson gets you frothing at the mouth so be it mate, it's funny to me but I'm not really drunk enough to get in to one over it, try me tomorrow after the Spurs game!

Last edited:
I'm not a monarchist (far from it) but my answer to your question "why shouldn't they boo?" is simply, because it isn't a fudging pantomime!

I'll remain silent... no need to spoil it for those who are monarchists. They're not harming me... same as I don't walk into a church and boo them or show up at memorials for dead soldiers and boo even if I disagree about the reasons they were at war.

Booing is just a bit pathetic imo, especially for something that is disrespectful for no good reason. Its not going to effect any change, its just going to show the people who boo up

If, however, 99% of the stadium remained silent, then that would be a statement...I doubt that would happen unfortunately

After extensive debates on here regarding booing / what is or isn't an acceptable display of emotion in public I'm not going to get too in to this one, it might not be productive but it's a choice. Like yours and KDDoc's choice to not sing. Probably would have got you killed for not doing so a long while back, alongside not swearing allegiance to the king etc so that's progress! It's great the crusades carried out in the crown and GHod's name have largely ceased too...

That said, the football being postponed but not the rugby when the queen died was a fairly good reason for us peasants, sorry I mean football fans as a whole to show some unity in not showing respect to our overlords.

How am I trying to start an argument? You asked a question and I gave you some context. I'm guessing you just wanted everyone to simultaneously scoff in disgust at Liverpool fans, my apologies.

Liverpudlians aren't a monolith and whilst the reasons @Glenda's Legs may be largely correct, everyone has their own reasons. IIRC they aren't huge in to the monarchy up there though..

I tend to think about humans rather than borders / divisions where possible but history is important and the Ingerlish did some messed up brick. If the thought of areas breaking away due to not being ruled by folks like King Charles and Boris Johnson gets you frothing at the mouth so be it mate, it's funny to me but I'm not really drunk enough to get in to one over it, try me tomorrow after the Spurs game!

Like the majority you like to blame the Ingerlish for all the evil under the sun yet purport you think of humans rather than borders, totally ignore its humans in power who commit these evils, the rest of the ramble living on these islands had little say in what their betters ordered. I feel certain that my farm labouring ancestors in Norfolk, Dublin and Dundee had little say in the colonial policy of the ruling classes.

Like the majority you like to blame the Ingerlish for all the evil under the sun yet purport you think of humans rather than borders, totally ignore its humans in power who commit these evils, the rest of the ramble living on these islands had little say in what their betters ordered. I feel certain that my farm labouring ancestors in Norfolk, Dublin and Dundee had little say in the colonial policy of the ruling classes.

Okay......?

Why don't you go and boo the scousers booing the national anthem if that makes you feel better pal, or just keep grumbling, you do you, I don't care.

Last edited:
Why is Emirates Marketing Project v Leeds, a Saturday 3pm kick off, on Sky Sports? Because of the Coronation?

Back