• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Local government and planning runs entirely on brown envelopes. There will be plenty from this to grease those wheels. We'll end up paying £500k for two new bus shelters on the high road (incorporating 10 all-expenses paid "fact-finding" trips to Sorrento) or something.
It actually doesn't run entirely on brown envelopes at all.

Not ideal but its how local government works, you have to push buttons and take strokes to get things to work. The Olympic Stadium bluff just the tip of the Iceberg of what needs to happen to push things through
I don't disagree here. I suspect the club thought that it would be better to ask for forgiveness than permission as it may have taken a long while to get permission (or it even be denied) whereas it is now far more difficult for the local council to deny this event and get it called off. However, I don't think that will help us with any future request to up the number of events allowed at the stadium.

I don't disagree here. I suspect the club thought that it would be better to ask for forgiveness than permission as it may have taken a long while to get permission (or it even be denied) whereas it is now far more difficult for the local council to deny this event and get it called off. However, I don't think that will help us with any future request to up the number of events allowed at the stadium.

Its def a tightrope to walk I agree, I suppose the only saving grace will be that with elections happening do local governments and councils begrudge extra income to the local area that these events bring? Also I get that locals may complain about noise etc, but they won't when their gaffs increase in price.

Yes, I think it was most likely a case of go ahead and worry about it later. It is also quite likely there may have been a conversation with a contact within the council to get an approval in principle (I hope there was), but given how quickly a decision would have needed to be taken about adding the extra date, waiting for planning permission to be submitted, never mind considered, would just not have been feasible.

Yes, I think it was most likely a case of go ahead and worry about it later. It is also quite likely there may have been a conversation with a contact within the council to get an approval in principle (I hope there was), but given how quickly a decision would have needed to be taken about adding the extra date, waiting for planning permission to be submitted, never mind considered, would just not have been feasible.

The extra dates were planned in advanced.
Someone on SC mentioned them before they were announced by the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was part of the agreement that if tickets sold out quick enough the extra days would automatically be added.

What I find weird is the club is getting the grief
The club isn’t the promoter
Isn’t the entity putting on the event
Isn’t the artist
The club have hired out the venue

What I find weird is the club is getting the grief
The club isn’t the promoter
Isn’t the entity putting on the event
Isn’t the artist
The club have hired out the venue

Well TBF its their licence and their insurance so I kinda get it, its just not that big a deal

Well TBF its their licence and their insurance so I kinda get it, its just not that big a deal

No but i do wonder if the bbc contacted the councilor or the other way round. If it was the councilor contacting the bbc they seem to want to make a name for themselves. Threatening a beyonce concert though might not be wise. There will be 10s of thousands of people with tickets who will be a bit upset.

No but i do wonder if the bbc contacted the councilor or the other way round. If it was the councilor contacting the bbc they seem to want to make a name for themselves. Threatening a beyonce concert though might not be wise. There will be 10s of thousands of people with tickets who will be a bit upset.

I imagine it was leaked, I mean its a random thing for the press to be suspicious of or enquire about

Not ideal but its how local government works, you have to push buttons and take strokes to get things to work. The Olympic Stadium bluff just the tip of the Iceberg of what needs to happen to push things through
And the club will make more then the sum of the fine they'll get. It's just math.

Quite. There's no way the local council will cancel something as big as a Beyonce gig - it brings in to much money.

They'll give us a small fine that will be dwarfed by the takings. We would have known this from the start.

We had 5 concerts last year. 0 the 2 years prior.

The councillor's concern we are having too many concerts (and the effect on locals). As we only have an agreement of 6 a year, seems misguided.

Pretty sure we would not have overlooked speaking to them about it.

We had 5 concerts last year. 0 the 2 years prior.

The councillor's concern we are having too many concerts (and the effect on locals). As we only have an agreement of 6 a year, seems misguided.

Pretty sure we would not have overlooked speaking to them about it.
Easier to ask forgiveness than permission if the answer's going to be no.

Just seems strange timing since the elections are in may. The extra date was announced 7th feb. You'd have thought there would have been some communication. From either side.
Oh, I'm sure they've spoken to us since the announcement - whatever we have to build/buy them will be agreed by now (along with a little 'grease').

This is just someone trying to make a point, I'm sure.

Back