• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Love that they are finding so many ways to make money from the stadium.

Did they ever hold one of those drone flying competitions. I have only been flying them for a couple of weeks but I got pretty good at them.

Its incredibly progressive. Football stadiums that otherwise stay empty and useless for 345 days of the year are a waste, I am gobsmacked that so many other clubs have not found ways to utilise their stadiums or new builds better other than a hotel and conference suite.

Also again the brand association with F1, to go with the NFL and also obviously the PL means anyone paying for stadium rights gets a far more global reach than many of clubs if not all just by the volume of times it will be mentioned.

The apprenticeship part feeding into the local community is also really pleasing to read, there is absolutely no reason why PL clubs should not be assets to the community in this day and age, especially considering the money that feeds through

Absolutely globally ground breaking and real revenue wins for the club....

Last edited:
Its incredibly progressive. Football stadiums that otherwise stay empty and useless for 345 days of the year are a waste, I am gobsmacked that so many other clubs have not found ways to utilise their stadiums or new builds better other than a hotel and conference suite.

Also again the brand association with F1, to go with the NFL and also obviously the PL means anyone paying for stadium rights gets a far more global reach than many of clubs if not all just by the volume of times it will be mentioned.

The apprenticeship part feeding into the local community is also really pleasing to read, there is absolutely no reason why PL clubs should not be assets to the community in this day and age, especially considering the money that feeds through

A long time ago football clubs used to be hubs of the community ... glad to see a little claw back

The issue is most of those stadiums simply weren't designed to be multi-use and it's a pain in the ass to make it work.

Levy spent years and a lot of money to get this right, and we are now seeing how far ahead the vision really was.

And you will still have the idiots jump in and cry "put that in your trophy cabinet" without realizing, only United (after a decade of brick results) can compete with the money doping clubs and a huge part of that is they are the best club at monetizing everything (sponsors) and that's why they compete.

£300M seems A LOT of money from just the Skywalk. That must include other stadium tourism, surely, e.g. the general tours. Even assuming a £30 local spend per visitor, that's 100k visitors a year or close to 2000 a week.

I'm intrigued by the kart track. Handy that you don't have to worry about emissions when it's all electric. I guess "under the south stand" must mean the car park / pitch storage area. That article says about hosting national level karting events -- surely you'd need some form of grandstand, even a little one. How much height is there down there?!

The issue is most of those stadiums simply weren't designed to be multi-use and it's a pain in the ass to make it work.

Levy spent years and a lot of money to get this right, and we are now seeing how far ahead the vision really was.

And you will still have the idiots jump in and cry "put that in your trophy cabinet" without realizing, only United (after a decade of brick results) can compete with the money doping clubs and a huge part of that is they are the best club at monetizing everything (sponsors) and that's why they compete.

Say what you like about Levy as a football chairman but as a businessman - he's bloody brilliant. You mention "vision" here - it's a word that gets thrown around a lot but Levy really has set the standard on it.

£300M seems A LOT of money from just the Skywalk. That must include other stadium tourism, surely, e.g. the general tours. Even assuming a £30 local spend per visitor, that's 100k visitors a year or close to 2000 a week.

I'm intrigued by the kart track. Handy that you don't have to worry about emissions when it's all electric. I guess "under the south stand" must mean the car park / pitch storage area. That article says about hosting national level karting events -- surely you'd need some form of grandstand, even a little one. How much height is there down there?!

Its local tourism spend, means people drinking in the pubs and eating locally, the hefty part of any estimation would be local transport use I would imagine

Staff to be paid, cabs/uber, meals/drinks people catching other stuff in area, it adds up.

Cynic in me says the area is probably becoming a good property investment option if you can hold 5-7 years

Its local tourism spend, means people drinking in the pubs and eating locally, the hefty part of any estimation would be local transport use I would imagine
Yeah, I get that, hence my estimate. Some people will no doubt head in on public transport, do the thing, eat food within the stadium (assuming it's available), spend some money at the club shop, then get back on a train home. Others will spend on a cab, go to a local pub for a meal and a pint after, etc. Averaging that out gives my £30pp -- which means 2000 Skywalk punters per week to get to that figure. Which seems a little high. But it's probably reasonably close if you're taking everyone doing the general tour.

Or am I being a massive skinflint here?!

Back