• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I understand perfectly well. The residents can be given temporary accomodation while the properties are being built. When they are completed they can move into them. Camden has been doing this. The extra properties built are then sold.
Hackney has been doing exactly the same.

Last edited:
Hackey has been doing exactly the same.

Seems like the right way to go. You don't break up communities and social networks (which in the long run could cost the council more money). But bring in more affluent people that will pay full council tax and spend money in the area.

Wonder if they're worth seeing live nowadays?

Saw them at Hyde Park in 2004 (Greatest Hits tour ha!) and though Hyde Park is terrible for a gig they were quite good.

It is one area where i'd agree with gentrification. It's something like 75% of the people living there are getting benefits of some sort. This limits the amount the council themselves can spend, unless they increase council tax. Which means that those that can afford to usually leave the area.
It needs to be balanced with richer areas being degentrified but that will never happen.

If the percentage is that high then surely they need to attract others to the area, it must be majority social housing already. Unfortunately whether we like it or not for an area to improve it needs investment and that needs to be paid for one way or another.

If the percentage is that high then surely they need to attract others to the area, it must be majority social housing already. Unfortunately whether we like it or not for an area to improve it needs investment and that needs to be paid for one way or another.

Exactly this and as you say the majority of housing in this area is social at the moment, the clubs keen to invest and balance that up with improvements and also attract private owners along with keeping a healthy eye on the social housing side (the recent veto they pulled proves that).

You need a balance of investment but also injection of people that will spend to keep the local economy moving. To make "Destination Tottentham" a long term success you need a real mix and from what I've seen and the presentations I've sat in the clubs nailed on with their plans along with the council

Exactly this and as you say the majority of housing in this area is social at the moment, the clubs keen to invest and balance that up with improvements and also attract private owners along with keeping a healthy eye on the social housing side (the recent veto they pulled proves that).

You need a balance of investment but also injection of people that will spend to keep the local economy moving. To make "Destination Tottentham" a long term success you need a real mix and from what I've seen and the presentations I've sat in the clubs nailed on with their plans along with the council

It's a shame that cross rail 2 was shelved. Running through northumberland park would have been massive to the area and the club.

Genuine question: In what way? The stadium already sells out every PL/CL game.

We own a lot of land in the area. That's value would increase. Much better transport links for fans making it easier to get to and away from the stadium. Possibility of holding more events. Even increasing the capacity. More afluent people in the area paying council tax, so improved services or even a reduction.

Transport is the key, reliable quick service to central London helps, I lived in Bermondsey for years and once tube extended into the area property prices rose and houses sold quickly, hardly anyone I know lives there anymore.

One of the key points the club tried to stress. There is a hotel due to come and the clubs now an every day event space BUT the potential is only realised if transport improves otherwise its too far and too hard to get out of London where there are also a vast array of options.

I know it's a magnificent stadium (and I'm so proud and love it:sunglasses:) But for those of you (like me) who miss the old place click on this for a bit of a nostalgic walkaround:smile:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6031391,-0.0677185,3a,75y,82.32h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sE9JL9iU8kocWWyt8PeM1kg!2e0!6shttps://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid=E9JL9iU8kocWWyt8PeM1kg&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&w=203&h=100&yaw=76.41408&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

Go (click) carefully and head North up the High Road (or go down Nicholson Way and into the Car Park)

This is a very interesting video that shows London’s expansion starting all the way back in Roman times to modern day.

Interestingly it shows that whilst it was 1965 that the entire town of Tottenham was absorbed into London, it was actually 1875 that this process began with small areas of southern and central Tottenham absorbed into London that year. And in 1895 the area that encompasses WHL was also absorbed into London dismissing the myth that Spurs only became a London club when the entirety of the town of Tottenham was fully absorbed into London.

Also worth noting that no parts of Woolwich was absorbed into London until the 1920s, which means arsenal’s original roots in Woolwich makes them a club not from London but from Kent.

Back