• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Good for us. Just hope there are some business sites in the proposal. The area needs housing but also jobs.

From what I have seen in the plans and been told, bringing Jobs, Education and Social housing are very high on the agenda for Levy and the board. Spurs becoming a real social asset for the area on many levels, personally very proud of the work being done in that respect

This is good and also the area directly opposite by the station got approved in July.

https://www.enfieldindependent.co.u...ouncil-approves-high-road-west-redevelopment/

I missed this but not sure if anyone posted about it yet.

In the article it says the head of planning at the club wasn’t happy with the plans. Is this the planning development where that letter from Levy to the council emerged where he went ballistic?

If so what happened to our plans for the site opposite to the stadium and how is it that they have been seemingly scrapped in favour of a council led development?

In the article it says the head of planning at the club wasn’t happy with the plans. Is this the planning development where that letter from Levy to the council emerged where he went ballistic?

If so what happened to our plans for the site opposite to the stadium and how is it that they have been seemingly scrapped in favour of a council led development?
Yes, this is the scheme Levy sent the letter about. I'm not quite sure what affect or changes were made post letter?

D'you mean the development that will sit on the current South plaza?....they're all separate schemes progressing at different rates.

Probably 2 reasons...
1. The wheels at Haringey council turn very slowly.
2. The local people are keen for regeneration but not gentrification.

It is one area where i'd agree with gentrification. It's something like 75% of the people living there are getting benefits of some sort. This limits the amount the council themselves can spend, unless they increase council tax. Which means that those that can afford to usually leave the area.
It needs to be balanced with richer areas being degentrified but that will never happen.

Yes, this is the scheme Levy sent the letter about. I'm not quite sure what affect or changes were made post letter?

D'you mean the development that will sit on the current South plaza?....they're all separate schemes progressing at different rates.

Yeah this is the one opposite the stadium where originally we were planning a walkway of sorts to the stadium and includes the Love Lane Estate.

I just checked and Levy’s letter was in March when the original application was pulled at the last minute - presumably the letter had the desired effect.

Then in July it went to appeal and was granted. Apparently it addressed our concerns but not according to the thfc planning officer who said the scheme was “disrespectful to the aspirations and hopes of our local community” and warned it would lead to a net loss of 300 jobs and claimed crowd safety issues had still not been properly addressed.

So whether the scheme has improved drastically or not who knows. Levy’s comments in March are certainly much more forceful than that of our planning officer in July but obviously we are still not completely happy.

The main gripe must be because we had different ideas for that section although I would be interested to know how we have been seemingly kicked off being involved in what happens to it. I thought we owned the site but perhaps not.

It would be good to see images and details of what we proposed some years ago with the walkway, why that didn’t go ahead and see images and details of what the council has now had approved for that area.

It is one area where i'd agree with gentrification. It's something like 75% of the people living there are getting benefits of some sort. This limits the amount the council themselves can spend, unless they increase council tax. Which means that those that can afford to usually leave the area.
It needs to be balanced with richer areas being degentrified but that will never happen.
You'd agree with gentrification? ...how nice.

You'd agree with gentrification? ...how nice.

So you would prefer areas where rich and poor didn't mix? Ghettos and gated communities?

One of the best things with london is we had a good mix. Social housing next to the more affluent. Kids going to the same schools, people drinking in the same pubs, using the same doctors etc...

So you would prefer areas where rich and poor didn't mix? Ghettos and gated communities?

One of the best things with london is we had a good mix. Social housing next to the more affluent. Kids going to the same schools, people drinking in the same pubs, using the same doctors etc...
Haha.

Which part of gentrification displacement don't you understand.

Wasn’t sure where to put this and doesn’t deserve its own thread, but my GHod, the Spurs shop website is a painful experience! Like something from the early days of the internet.

Haha.

Which part of gentrification displacement don't you understand.

I understand perfectly well. The residents can be given temporary accomodation while the properties are being built. When they are completed they can move into them. Camden has been doing this. The extra properties built are then sold.

Back