• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Tickets in front of the stage, on the pitch (below the pitch), look sold out. Interesting that Spurs seem to retain sales of the corporate seats with food and private bar. But for a gig I'd much prefer to be up close than having a corporate meal and padded seat. It is tempting though, might give it a go.
Think @Jordinho went last year so he may have a better opinio.

Just seen The Roots are supporting the Red Hot Chilly Peppers...temped. Not normally a fan of echoy stadium concerts, prefer an intimate Jazz club vibe, but Red hot cillies and the roots both have pedigree. Worth checking out.

How did others find the concerts at Spurs? Lacking atmosphere, or a good gig?
Love The Roots but can't see them
working well in a big stadium venue like that

The stadium was just featured in the latest episode of Top Chef that just aired here. They had Ledley as one of the guest judges... GHod damn I miss having a player like him. He came across well though, he must have good taste :)

I could probably put up with a drum as long as it's occasional, but not a trumpet as well! (I'm in 112, so will be quite close - that's not 113 in the photo.)
I am all in favour of people trying to improve the atmosphere rather than just moan about it, but not if it is going to be constant like you hear at European grounds.
(And I wish the term "ultras" wasn't being used).

I could probably put up with a drum as long as it's occasional, but not a trumpet as well! (I'm in 112, so will be quite close - that's not 113 in the photo.)
I am all in favour of people trying to improve the atmosphere rather than just moan about it, but not if it is going to be constant like you hear at European grounds.
Wouldn't they be better to try and jiggle people around in the South Stand to accommodate this. I assume some who want to join that section will be South stand STs anyway. The South Stand was built as the noisy heartbeat 'home' end, so does not this type of initiative belong there?.

As they're in the North next to you, I'd demand vuvuzelas as the best way to enhance your matchday experience :D

Wouldn't they be better to try and jiggle people around in the South Stand to accommodate this. I assume some who want to join that section will be South stand STs anyway. The South Stand was built as the noisy heartbeat 'home' end, so does not this type of initiative belong there?.

As they're in the North next to you, I'd demand vuvuzelas as the best way to enhance your matchday experience :D

I suppose it's a bit more difficult in the south as there are so many ST holders already happy where they are and not wanting to move. Whereas in 113 there are fewer STs I think (originally there weren't any, now there are some I think but only for PL games, as that area, or some of it, has to be given to away fans for cup games), so easier for the club to allocate a chunk of seats together. There is an attempt by the person(s) behind the Return of the Shelf twitter account to make 248/249 into singing sections.

One thing that will be interesting is how the club handle standing in 113. There's no safe standing there but if they are giving up space to this group, and it's next to the away fans, it will be much harder to make them sit down. The north stand stewards are less heavy-handed these days and for some of the bigger games they do just accept that people across 113/112 are going to stand and they don't bother. Other games they do.

As for the vuvuzelas, I'll ignore that suggestion, thanks all the same :D

Wonder if you have to audition for it.

Levy on a big chair with his finger on a button. Should you not sing his favourite songs loud enough, down you drop to shark infested waters.

Great news tbh. The ground is big enough to accommodate different sections. Gourmet meal. Sit and grumble. Sing your heart out. Thing is the sing your heart out section will make the whole experience better for everyone. You don’t want those embarrassing quiet silences that you get at the moment. Our stadium properly rocking would make it one of the most enthralling stadium’s…in the world.

Great news tbh. The ground is big enough to accommodate different sections. Gourmet meal. Sit and grumble. Sing your heart out. Thing is the sing your heart out section will make the whole experience better for everyone. You don’t want those embarrassing quiet silences that you get at the moment. Our stadium properly rocking would make it one of the most enthralling stadium’s…in the world.
It’s an arsenal fan taking the tinkle

Back