• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Re: Has Franco Baldini been sacked already?

That story re Baldini has been floating around since AVB got the chop

We could be off to buy either some of those players Barca don't want or someone from Espanyol maybe. Anyone know of a player there we could do with?

Maybe we are selling, apparently Baldini is off to Madrid after Barcelona.......Lloris linked with Real, Soldado with A Madrid and Vertonghen with Barca. Possible ins for us are Moratta, Tello, maybe just maybe Pedro :)

Apparently he's catching up with his old mate Luis Enrique over dinner. Personal, not strictly business.

I can strongly feel the smell of some sort of loan or buy, with a possibility for Barca buying the player back :-"

Someone should probably remind Baldini of our relationship with Real Madrid. They have exclusive rights to screw us over.

According to The Times today...

"Tottenham are looking to replace their technical director Franco Baldini, with chairman Daniel Levy actively scouting for a replacement for the 53-year-old Italian."

Unfortunately you need a Times subscription to read the actual article, so I don't know if there's any quotes or sources... or if it's just speculation.

Replace Baldini? ffs!!!

Will there ever be any continuity at this club

If Baldini is to go, how about bringing back the man who helped us sign Berbatov, Bale and Modric.......at least he knows the club and Levy still gets on with him apparently.

After Baldini saw off the machinations of Sherwood and has now been heavily involved in the recruitment of our new coach, I can't imagine him being any more secure in his job.

Unless Baldini was so against the recent appointment of Poch and fought against Levy, I can't think of any reason why we would get rid of him.

According to The Times today...

"Tottenham are looking to replace their technical director Franco Baldini, with chairman Daniel Levy actively scouting for a replacement for the 53-year-old Italian."

Unfortunately you need a Times subscription to read the actual article, so I don't know if there's any quotes or sources... or if it's just speculation.

I wouldn't worry. In the same issue they are also running:

"Mauricio Pochettino is due to meet technical director Franco Baldini on Monday to discuss transfer targets."

"Mauricio Pochettino is due to meet technical director Franco Baldini on Monday to discuss transfer targets."

You see that all the time in papers.

One reporter states a manager is on his way out and the next one states he is in talks with a certain player about a possible transfer to the club his friend said he is getting sacked from. Do these guys not talk to each other at these places?

And? Maybe Baldini has indicated he wants to leave but Levy had told him to stay and continue his work until his replacement is found.

Back