• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Re: Has Franco Baldini been sacked already?

I really hope that's not the case. What kind of utter ****ing idiot would recommend that we take such a major decision without knowing all the facts?

If we don't speak to other managers, how do we know whether or not to sack Timmeh?

I want him gone more than most, but if the only two people answering our job advert are Allardyce and Pardew then I'd be a little tempted to stick with what we have. If, on the other hand, people like LVG or Bielsa are truly interested then Timmeh should be swiftly out the door on the end of Levy's boot.

I really, really hope this is just a (usually good) journalist filling space with a nothing sentence.

You're missing an important point. 'Until the decision is made'…the decision was made a while back now. In fact you can graph it with Sherwood's increasingly outlandish behaviours culminating in 'leakgate'…

LVG played us, and I'm not sure everyone is delighted about that. We're working.

I hope he's here in the summer and we really try with Pirlo who still hasn't signed a new deal as far as I'm aware.

In Pirlos book he mentions that he and Baldini are friends and they've always wanted to work together, Baldini was so close to signing Pirlo for both Madrid and Roma, Baldini said one day he'll sign Pirlo. Make it this summer.

LVG played us, and I'm not sure everyone is delighted about that. We're working.

Yeah he did and I for one am not happy with his behaviour he was clearly talking to man u when he was saying he was interested in us, he forced man u's hand I guess his behaviour is that of someone who is successful.

No point getting all snooty about potential managers blabbing to the press. That's the game they all play. Just get the best man for the job that will come to Spurs.

No point getting all snooty about potential managers blabbing to the press. That's the game they all play. Just get the best man for the job that will come to Spurs.

It's the game they play, it's the game players play and it's the game we as a club also play along in.

It's the game they play, it's the game players play and it's the game we as a club also play along in.

I really doubt that the club would be that bothered about it. I think that it is just an excuse for the papers to string out the story for another day.

Re: The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

So I've just read the Guardian's angle on the story and they are saying Baldini's future is in doubt because of the failure of last summer's transfer targets?

If true, just what in the blue **** is going on with the club?

So I've just read the Guardian's angle on the story and they are saying Baldini's future is in doubt because of the failure of last summer's transfer targets?

I think that is most likely to be bull****. If Baldini was going to get the boot, why do it now? We could have got shot of him in December and saved six months wages. He was even rumoured to have offered his resignation after AVB went, so we could have saved on a pay off too.

I think that is most likely to be bull****. If Baldini was going to get the boot, why do it now? We could have got shot of him in December and saved six months wages. He was even rumoured to have offered his resignation after AVB went, so we could have saved on a pay off too.

I really hope you're right. It does seem to be like the Guardian trying to add a nice little spin just so they can claim they got something else right if it did happen so they've took a punt, but really it makes no sense. I think if we were going to let Baldini go, we may as well have kept Sherwood / would have been more likely to. This whole thing with Poch seems to be that he's being brought in because he can make Baldini's squad work. And yes, Baldini could have just gone in December if we wanted him to.

Baldini appears to have been heavily involved in Poch's recruitment. Blimey one of the main reasons for going for Poch is because he's suited to managing Baldini's squad.

I don't think his job has ever been more secure than at this point in time. With Timmeh out of the way, he's now undisputedly the man closest to the crown.

I really hope you're right. It does seem to be like the Guardian trying to add a nice little spin just so they can claim they got something else right if it did happen so they've took a punt, but really it makes no sense. I think if we were going to let Baldini go, we may as well have kept Sherwood / would have been more likely to. This whole thing with Poch seems to be that he's being brought in because he can make Baldini's squad work. And yes, Baldini could have just gone in December if we wanted him to.

Do you have a link to the article?

Baldini appears to have been heavily involved in Poch's recruitment. Blimey one of the main reasons for going for Poch is because he's suited to managing Baldini's squad.

How much is this Baldini's squad? I doubt that there are more than two or three players that were his signings and one of those has been an abject failure in his first season. I think that Poch is being to be brought in to work with the players that we have rather than Baldini's players.

How much is this Baldini's squad? I doubt that there are more than two or three players that were his signings and one of those has been an abject failure in his first season. I think that Poch is being to be brought in to work with the players that we have rather than Baldini's players.

I think we should be able to say it is Baldini's squad. I think the idea of the committee is to make sure that when one person leaves, most likely the coach, that the continuity is there. So even if a player was someone AVB was more keen on, it still has to go through the Baldini filter and as such should still be fairly well suited to the coach that Baldini is most keen on. If it isn't working like that, again he shouldn't be here.

It reads as filler to me. If they had anything on Baldini being given the boot, I think that they would run it as a separate story

Can't see him being sacked for at least six months. Levy will save it up as a treat for himself. If anyone stops remembering who runs the club then boom Baldini will be gone.... Whose going to be our next manager after Poch in Early Spring 2016?

What a load of rollocks, under the other sporting directors most if the players came good a year or two after they signed.

Back