• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Re: Has Franco Baldini been sacked already?

Do you genuinely feel that way or is that a joke?

kinda yeah.

the guys had less than a season in what is a long term role and people are writing him off as a flop, it's so shortsighted i struggle to believe posters who ive always thought had a bit of common sense think that way. (not that i think everyone who thinks he is a flop has common sense ;) )

i think we can all agree that it's unfair to write off the players, individually, after one season - especially one which has seen a lot of disruption - and seeings as we only have his transfers to judge him on at this stage doesn't it follow that we should at the very least wait until we know whether they are good buys before judging him? even then i think it'd be harsh to call it quits as it's only one season and one part of what is a long term role.

Bloody kneejerk football club. Too early to say if signings are a failure/success, but the way we did our business with Baldini was the best yet.
What would be the ratio of signings that succeed in football generally? Statistically 2 or 3 of the 7 were bound to be misses anyway.

I don't think anyone here has enough knowledge about what his role has been to make any kind of statements about it.

Nothing.
Its April and we are coasting the season out to respectable 5/6th ( good for such a tumultuous season)....so it's spacegoat time!!
Spurs fans do annoy me at times.

Give the guy time to build what he is building. Commolli did good job, Arnesen was also until he decided to be Jose's secretary.
He a proven dof - we need to let him show us his ability.

I think the biggest issues for Baldini come down to

- The manager role, it more and more seems we were very unprepared for a situation where AVB wanted out, no plan B does not reflect well on the DoF
- Lamela, more than any of our others, this one is problematic, the others are just settling in issues mostly, this guy was our "Bale" replacement and may not even want to play in this country.

Bloody kneejerk football club. Too early to say if signings are a failure/success, but the way we did our business with Baldini was the best yet.
What would be the ratio of signings that succeed in football generally? Statistically 2 or 3 of the 7 were bound to be misses anyway.

come on, he's had 10 months and we've not won the Super Bowl yet, Levy is right to tear it all up and start again

LVG has always worked with a DoF. Including in recent years at AZ and Bayern.

I don't think he'd work without one (like AVB didn't want to). LVG wants to concentrate on coaching and finds transfers business disruptive.

:ross: :ross: :ross: :ross: :ross: :ross:

excerpts from http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/raphael_honigstein/04/14/vangaal.bayern/ about what went wrong at Bayern

"There was huge amount of one-upmanship involved from the word go, from both sides. Van Gaal openly showed that he didn't value the board's soccer expertise very highly, a stance that had a knock-on effect on squad politics: Mario Gomez and Anatoliy Tymoshchuk, two expensive buys that had been signed before Van Gaal's arrival, were ignored and described as "not my players" by the manager. The disappointing form from both in 2009/10 seemed to prove Van Gaal right but Bayern felt he had actually undermined their confidence to make a point and in turn noted that his two transfers of that year, Danijel Pranjic and Edson Braafheid, didn't exactly set the Bundesliga alight either. An uneasy truce was reached in the wake of success at the end of that season, but matters came again to a head last summer, when the manager wrote a biography explaining his "football philosophy" and had the nerve to recommend that his superiors read it."

"Most Bayern players are bought by the sporting director, in conjunction with the manager. But coaches are routinely allowed to bring in one or two of their own targets. It's a mix-and-match approach that has obvious pros and cons but key to its success is a spirit of cooperation and compromise from both sides. In Van Gaal's first summer at the club, Bayern deferred to his wishes (Lucio out, Pranjic and Braafheid in) and there was little friction in that respect. But things took a dramatic turn to the worse when Van Gaal strongly vetoed all attempts to strengthen the team in defense after the lost Champions League final. He felt that the existing squad was good enough and promised to bring through more youngsters, as he had impressively done with Thomas Müller and Holger Badstuber before. The move backfired. Bayern's chronic vulnerability at the back prevented them from winning anything."

:ross: :ross: :ross: :ross: :ross: :ross:

excerpts from http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/raphael_honigstein/04/14/vangaal.bayern/ about what went wrong at Bayern

"There was huge amount of one-upmanship involved from the word go, from both sides. Van Gaal openly showed that he didn't value the board's soccer expertise very highly, a stance that had a knock-on effect on squad politics: Mario Gomez and Anatoliy Tymoshchuk, two expensive buys that had been signed before Van Gaal's arrival, were ignored and described as "not my players" by the manager. The disappointing form from both in 2009/10 seemed to prove Van Gaal right but Bayern felt he had actually undermined their confidence to make a point and in turn noted that his two transfers of that year, Danijel Pranjic and Edson Braafheid, didn't exactly set the Bundesliga alight either. An uneasy truce was reached in the wake of success at the end of that season, but matters came again to a head last summer, when the manager wrote a biography explaining his "football philosophy" and had the nerve to recommend that his superiors read it."

"Most Bayern players are bought by the sporting director, in conjunction with the manager. But coaches are routinely allowed to bring in one or two of their own targets. It's a mix-and-match approach that has obvious pros and cons but key to its success is a spirit of cooperation and compromise from both sides. In Van Gaal's first summer at the club, Bayern deferred to his wishes (Lucio out, Pranjic and Braafheid in) and there was little friction in that respect. But things took a dramatic turn to the worse when Van Gaal strongly vetoed all attempts to strengthen the team in defense after the lost Champions League final. He felt that the existing squad was good enough and promised to bring through more youngsters, as he had impressively done with Thomas Müller and Holger Badstuber before. The move backfired. Bayern's chronic vulnerability at the back prevented them from winning anything."

The man has the better record than any Spurs manager in living memory and it will be a real coup if we manage to get him but you can kinda see how it is going to end already.

The man has the better record than any Spurs manager in living memory and it will be a real coup if we manage to get him but you can kinda see how it is going to end already.

Were Tottenham we will **** it up we always do.:lol:

100% bang on the money...and i've said this before.

Sometimes you simply have to look at a managers characteristics and see if it matches up to our chairman's. Levy isn't going anywhere and i do not see the LVG and Levy 'partnership' working....in fact i think it's a match made in Hell. It's like we're blinded by his impressive credentials and simply ignoring the simple things....we've been down this road before.

Sometimes you simply have to look at a managers characteristics and see if it matches up to our chairman's. Levy isn't going anywhere and i do not see the LVG and Levy 'partnership' working....in fact i think it's a match made in Hell. It's like we're blinded by his impressive credentials and simply ignoring the simple things....we've been down this road before.

When exactly?

Maybe not the 'impressive credentials' part and more 'impressive powerpoint presentation'. The fact is, his vision was clearly not suited to Levy's way of going about business so it was never going to work long term.

Maybe not the 'impressive credentials' part and more 'impressive powerpoint presentation'. The fact is, his vision was clearly not suited to Levy's way of going about business so it was never going to work long term.

What do you mean by this? I assume you mean AVB?

i think you are right.....id love LVG at the club but i just cant see it working out with the way our club operates

its pretty clear

does LVG have a problem with Brazilians.....he had a big bust up with Rivaldo at Barca, got rid of Giovani and Anderson after a couple of years, unbelievably he didnt want Lucio at Bayern and got rid as soon as he took over (Lucio must have loved it when his new club Inter beat Bayern in the CL final 2010, what a defender he was).....Sandro and Paulino had better watch out

i think you are right.....id love LVG at the club but i just cant see it working out with the way our club operates

I disagree that there is likely to be an issue with Levy. Despite what many think, Levy is normally happy to leave his managers to get on with it and tends to support them in the transfer market (within reason).

I think that it is more likely that our players will come to resent being bossed around and that stories will leak out to undermine him in the press, much like happened with Ramos.

Still, he's got a very good record and if we can get him, we should go for it.

does LVG have a problem with Brazilians.....he had a big bust up with Rivaldo at Barca, got rid of Giovani and Anderson after a couple of years, unbelievably he didnt want Lucio at Bayern and got rid as soon as he took over (Lucio must have loved it when his new club Inter beat Bayern in the CL final 2010, what a defender he was).....Sandro and Paulino had better watch out

If he got rid of Sandro I think I'd cry.

Back