• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

I reckon our kit will look similar to our away kit but with fluorescent green trim, navy blue kit and perhaps a fluorescent green logo/sponsor, if not white.
one of the early mock ups though incorrect and based on templates was supposedly made up from the colours we was going to use for our kits. White home of course, then the sky blue away and the 3rd was black with Gold.

So if those colour templates were correct the 3rd kit could be quite tasty.

I still think though that we also need some white shorts and socks from somewhere to mix in with our home kit at points in the season.

I like this.

image8.jpg

Thats better. If thats the 3rd kit, then I'm in

Third kit will be yellow I think. Possibly some sort of fluorescent Chavskiesque monstrouserty Im afraid. Always preferred sky blue anyway, I'm not superstitious and it reminds me of one of my first shirts from the mid 80s.

Can understand why HP would want their standard logo on our flagship shirt, though I would expect this came at a price to them. Love the collars and sleeves, feels very Tottenham - maybe reminds me of the bar scarves you can get? I bought a long sleeve home last year though for my own footie, also have lots of short sleeves THFC shirts from years gone by, so think I may pass this year.

Tell you what, they've grown on me. At first I could take or leave them... kind of meh. But now I quite like them. To be honest, I tend not to get very worked up about the kits - some years they look great, others they don't look so good... you're never going to please all the people all the time, so just accept that you won't like the kit every year.

Personally I really dislike the whole shirt sponsorship thing (though I accept it's now part of every club's business model so there's nothing can be done about it right now) so I haven't *really* liked a shirt since the one that won us two consecutive FA Cups in the early 80s. A couple of years later Holsten arrived and it hasn't been the same since.

But I accept that's not going to change any time soon. At least there's no red in the logo this time (there has been for more than a decade now - except for Investec / cup matches) which I'd suggest is an improvement. And the collar definitely grows on you after you've seen it a few times. So a qualified success in my book.

Just woken to these monstrosities. Absolutely awful.

Who on earth signs these off? More to the point, who designs them and thought having that lurid blue for the logo would look ok?

Looking at that Bale pic, I'm starting to come round. I liked the home kit, just wasn't too sure about the colour coordination of the logo.

As always would be much obliged if people can post about how they fit when they get their hands on them. Trying to avoid the hassle of returning purchases from OZ.

Tottenham-kit_2612184b.jpg

Look - there's a dark blue non-standard HP logo on Loris. We would have sold more shirts if it were used on the white shirts as well.

Tottenham-kit_2612184b.jpg

Look - there's a dark blue non-standard HP logo on Loris. We would have sold more shirts if it were used on the white shirts as well.

HP aren't worried about how many kits we sell. It's all a branding exercise for them, which is why they'd want their primary colour on our home kit.

By GHod the whinging! I can't stand it..

You miserable mugs have just been waiting to complain about something given the lack of OMTs during the off season haven't you? The ****ish carry on in this thread has been pathetic!

The kits are really nice IMO. And if people still fail to grasp the concept of consistent use of colour in branding, after the amount of discussion that has taken place in this thread, then they are simply dense and never will I'm afraid.

To Statto and Spaceman, my Defoe remark was a tongue in cheek jibe at the people who were expecting Villa to be the striker modelling our shirt, nothing personal towards Jermain.

Peace.

How can it be a consistent use of colour in branding when it is a different colour on each shirt?

When brand guidelines are created there'll be formats agreed for how the logo will appear on different colour backgrounds. This will remain consistent whether the format is printed material, digital or in this case shirts.

I'd guess that wherever HP appears on white then the logo is light blue. It could be that with any other colour background it appears as navy.

Back