• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Bloody hell it's going to hurt if we finish below Arsenal. It's wasn't much or the same as winning a trophy to finish above that mob but it was always a small consolation to know they were worse than us.

I feel you, mate, but Arsenal's owner stepped in and backed them enough for them to spend more than anyone else in the summer window, 130m+.

Voila, they are doing well now.

Not rocket science. They just have better owners than we do - owners that actually care about their club as more than a property investment vehicle.

The day Joe Lewis' yacht is seized and auctioned, the day his henchman Levy is thrown out of the club, is the day we can dream. Not before.

I feel you, mate, but Arsenal's owner stepped in and backed them enough for them to spend more than anyone else in the summer window, 130m+.

Not rocket science. They just have better owners than we do - owners that actually care about their club as more than a property investment vehicle.

The day Joe Lewis' yacht is seized and auctioned, the day his henchman Levy is thrown out of the club, is the day we can dream. Not before.

Go back 6-12 months and they were giving their owners dogs abuse for being the opposite of what you say. No idea what they are saying at the moment coz I can't stand to read their message board when they're doing well.

We spent a fortune in the Ndombele/GLC window and we spent a fair bit at the start of last season too. I know you hate ENIC but not every owner is better than them.

Go back 6-12 months and they were giving their owners dogs abuse for being the opposite of what you say. No idea what they are saying at the moment coz I can't stand to read their message board when they're doing well.

We spent a fortune in the Ndombele/GLC window and we spent a fair bit at the start of last season too. I know you hate ENIC but not every owner is better than them.
He lost me when he said their owners care… they do, just about their American franchises and the new stadium they have built there

You realise kronke basically mortgaged arsenal to help pay for the rams new stadium? That's why they had years of little spending.

Bollox, 5 wins on the spin. Hadnt been taking them too seriously but they look best of the also rans at the moment to be fair.

6-12 months ago, they hadn't made a major financial injection into their club to the tune of 100m ish (or maybe even more, I can't recall), most of which went straight to transfers.

We spent money the club generated, and will always be restricted to that. Kroenke put in his own money. That makes him eons, eons better than ENIC, mate. To me, him putting his money where his mouth is makes him incomparably better than our two useless sacks of sh*te.

It also means Kroenke cares more about Arsenal than ENIC do about Spurs - 100%. After all, he invested in them.

You realise kronke basically mortgaged arsenal to help pay for the rams new stadium? That's why they had years of little spending.

Don't think so, mate. He didn't take a penny out of them, iirc. He was basically exactly the same as Levy - left Arsenal to their own devices while he focused on the Rams.

Predictably, they struggled.

Now he's come back and put 100m+ in. Suddenly, they look a lot better.

Not rocket science. He's also been a far better owner than Levy + Lewis if you count trophies won - and is certainly better now he's put his own money in.

He lost me when he said their owners care… they do, just about their American franchises and the new stadium they have built there

They care enough to put money into their club, mate.

Which instantly means they care a lot more than ENIC have done in these 20 grinding years.

Don't think so, mate. He didn't take a penny out of them, iirc. He was basically exactly the same as Levy - left Arsenal to their own devices while he focused on the Rams.

Predictably, they struggled.

Now he's come back and put 100m+ in. Suddenly, they look a lot better.

Not rocket science. He's also been a far better owner than Levy + Lewis if you count trophies won - and is certainly better now he's put his own money in.

I'm not saying he took money out. Arsenal were used as collateral to borrow money to pay for the rams stadium. Why they had more cash in the bank than the rest of the premier league teams put together but wouldn't spend it.

They care enough to put money into their club, mate.

Which instantly means they care a lot more than ENIC have done in these 20 grinding years.
They have done it once in their ownership
Once when they had too as they were back pedalling hard. He had to put money in or lose a massive chunk of value in his club
And the ones who have made a difference… the kids not the big money signings

Back