• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Sky are in danger of self-combustion at this rate! Quality was poor enough I thought, Man U were woeful for most of the second half. That Carvalho lad for Liverpool looks like a player.

Pretty egotistical performance by TAA, I thought. Just trying to execute every halfbaked idea that came into his head.
He was terrible tonight. I know VVD got the blame for the first goal, but for me that’s almost all on Trent. He’s beaten on the right with the most basic, telegraphed, one two ever. Then just casually walks around in the area not looking to cover for his fudge up, had he even jogged once the ball went past him he could have made it to Sancho to block the shot.

The amount of flimflam that came out of klopp's mouth in the post match interview was just staggering!
Should have won the game?? They created next to nothing! But actually I think it's good that he thought they played well. Hope they keep going with that as their standard displays! They were rubbish!

Yeah, couldn't believe it myself. But, like the cushy schedule granted Arsenal to offer them the best possible start the season, a win for United is good for the league. And I firmly believe that, by hook or by crook, what the league wants, the league gets.

Or, at the very least, sets up the greatest possibility of getting what they want.
Wasn't everyone crying about giving the strikers benefit of the doubt? All these conspiracy theories are getting a bit old now.

Not sure . Would assume it’s the same as the population. Just checked it’s 6.1% of male population. So you’d assume couple in squad tops
I would assume it to be lower than the general population.

Over 60% of their players was the figure reported.

Wasn't everyone saying the same thing about Mourinho? that went well.
Mourinho is not conte. Conte is still one of the most recently successful manager around when it comes to winning titles.
Our fans don’t like it. Most still dont get it. But contes set up is all about the system, and that’s all he cares about. It’s why he hasn’t pushed for the ACM people think we need

He was terrible tonight. I know VVD got the blame for the first goal, but for me that’s almost all on Trent. He’s beaten on the right with the most basic, telegraphed, one two ever. Then just casually walks around in the area not looking to cover for his fudge up, had he even jogged once the ball went past him he could have made it to Sancho to block the shot.
He is not a good defender. Great footballer, but not a defender

Mourinho is not conte. Conte is still one of the most recently successful manager around when it comes to winning titles.
Our fans don’t like it. Most still dont get it. But contes set up is all about the system, and that’s all he cares about. It’s why he hasn’t pushed for the ACM people think we need

He has made it clear though. If gil leaves he wants a replacement.

Liverpool are getting how we were under the last months/year of Poch. Most of the team together for a number of seasons, they figured out a great style which fitted the personal well which also covered some inadequacies of players. But, they have been grafting for over 3 seasons and have not refreshed and ageing squad substantially and are paying the price. This, coupled with the fact teams started to figure them out last season with the low block and push them out wide mean i think they are in for a long season, top 4 yes, but certainly not title contenders.

Interestingly this could finally be the season when City with the CL as i dont think anyone is gonna be near them in the league in terms of mounting a serious title challenge - they will almost certainly be in a position in the second half of the season when the CL starting 11 can be the priority.

That's rather funny.

Not all that impressed by Manchester United, a good step in the right direction, but not much more.

Liverpool were poor. To be fair missing quite a few players. Starting Milner and Henderson along with a youngster in Elliott (who looks very good), Gomez (once very good, now not even first backup) and Firmino (no longer that good). Not a good team, not a good look.

Will be really interesting to see how these two teams do in the coming weeks. Crisis averted for United or just a blip? Liverpool into crisis mode or just a hiccup?

Back