• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Liverpool are getting how we were under the last months/year of Poch. Most of the team together for a number of seasons, they figured out a great style which fitted the personal well which also covered some inadequacies of players. But, they have been grafting for over 3 seasons and have not refreshed and ageing squad substantially and are paying the price. This, coupled with the fact teams started to figure them out last season with the low block and push them out wide mean i think they are in for a long season, top 4 yes, but certainly not title contenders.

Interestingly this could finally be the season when City with the CL as i dont think anyone is gonna be near them in the league in terms of mounting a serious title challenge - they will almost certainly be in a position in the second half of the season when the CL starting 11 can be the priority.

I thought they hit that point a couple of seasons ago when they lost 6 at home in the PL in a row but they bounced back. I really hope you’re right. I fudging hate them.

Fans sometimes have a tendency to judge sides by the reputation of the players in it which was earned at their peak. For instance VVD and Firminho were wonderful players. They look shadows of themselves right now. Yeah they have a few to come back but are many of them game changers? Fabinho is a good player and Thiago is a lovely footballer. Nunez? Jury well and truly out on him.

I shouldn’t write their obituary yet but it’d be tremendous if it all fell apart for them. Let’s see how long Klopp doesn’t walk alone if results turn to brick like his last year in Germany.

Liverpool showed their biggest weakness which is that quick longer ball over the top with pace behind. Got absolutely ruined last night TBH

Been a "weakness" for a very long time, but one that has been very difficult for most teams to exploit because their pressing and shut down game has been top notch.

That midfield, Firmino up front, that didn't happen yesterday. Think they'll improve that aspect of their game too with players back from injury. But a sticky spot for them to get into now.

They
I thought they hit that point a couple of seasons ago when they lost 6 at home in the PL in a row but they bounced back. I really hope you’re right. I fudging hate them.

Fans sometimes have a tendency to judge sides by the reputation of the players in it which was earned at their peak. For instance VVD and Firminho were wonderful players. They look shadows of themselves right now. Yeah they have a few to come back but are many of them game changers? Fabinho is a good player and Thiago is a lovely footballer. Nunez? Jury well and truly out on him.

I shouldn’t write their obituary yet but it’d be tremendous if it all fell apart for them. Let’s see how long Klopp doesn’t walk alone if results turn to brick like his last year in Germany.

not writing them off totally and will get top 4 quite easily i should think given the amount of players they have out at the monent.

Knew Yernited would win, wish I stuck more than a fiver on it but alas.

Wonder if the doom and gloom media will talk of Liverpool's demise the same way they've been on Utd recently? I think not.

Good start to the season, shame the WC is going to fudge the whole thing up but who knows, maybe we can take advantage...

Man Turd are BACK !!!

Don't believe that for one second, if they go on a 20 match unbeaten run playing well then I'll say they are

1 good performance against their biggest rivals doesn't make them good again

Definitely shouldn't be believed at this point. Managing to press and run a lot against your biggest rival in a one off game when they're not at their best. When have we ever seen a team revert to mediocre performances after that?

Will be facing vei different challenges in games going forward

That being said, of course something that can boost confidence, belief, mood. Something that can be built on, but they have to actually do that before they'll be "back" (into contention for a CL place).

They

not writing them off totally and will get top 4 quite easily i should think given the amount of players they have out at the monent.

Definitely not writing them off. They have very good players coming back from injuries. They have a top level manager. I'm guessing they'll find their way back to excellent form, how long that will take is a different question.

Knew Yernited would win, wish I stuck more than a fiver on it but alas.

Wonder if the doom and gloom media will talk of Liverpool's demise the same way they've been on Utd recently? I think not.

Good start to the season, shame the WC is going to fudge the whole thing up but who knows, maybe we can take advantage...

It won't be talked about in the same way. It's three games after being one of the best teams in the world for several years. Manchester United have been underperforming for years and years.

Pretty egotistical performance by TAA, I thought. Just trying to execute every halfbaked idea that came into his head.

Don't think he had many other options. Front three looking dysfunctional. Midfield three including Henderson and old age Milner. What's he supposed to do?

A functional Liverpool team gets TAA into positions to do his thing in the final third. That Liverpool team gave him the ball and no good progressive options other than whatever ideas he could come up with.

Really good to see that dysfunction. Hope it lasts.

Gordon has told Everton he wants to sign for Chelsea to play Champions League football and boost his chances of being selected for England's World Cup squad. (Athletic - subscription required)

The above is what I call delusions of grandeur. Does he think he can bench anyone in the current Chelsea squad? Not to even mention the English team. I don't see anything special about him.

Then again the misguided fellow may be trying out excuses from his agent.

Gordon has told Everton he wants to sign for Chelsea to play Champions League football and boost his chances of being selected for England's World Cup squad. (Athletic - subscription required)

The above is what I call delusions of grandeur. Does he think he can bench anyone in the current Chelsea squad? Not to even mention the English team. I don't see anything special about him.

Players should have the confidence to believe in themselves in this way even if it's a lower probability chance of it happening imo.

If he goes there, plays really well and starts most games I think he will get in the England squad. The problem will be to actually play enough and play well enough.

I think going there at the very least increases his chances of being in the England squad.

Seems like really big fees being talked about. Can't say I'm convinced he's worth that much.

What he means is that he wants to sit on the bench for team that plays champions league, and earn a lot more, rather than working his ass off in a team that will fight to avoid relegation.

Players should have the confidence to believe in themselves in this way even if it's a lower probability chance of it happening imo.

If he goes there, plays really well and starts most games I think he will get in the England squad. The problem will be to actually play enough and play well enough.

I think going there at the very least increases his chances of being in the England squad.

Seems like really big fees being talked about. Can't say I'm convinced he's worth that much.

There is confidence and there is reality. There are far better players this year than him in the positions he plays. Can he bench Jack Grealish? Or Phil Foden? Jadon Sancho? Bukayo Saka? Sterling? Smith-Rowe? I don't even see anything to suggest he will be very good in future. Someone is pulling a fast one here.

There is confidence and there is reality. There are far better players this year than him in the positions he plays. Can he bench Jack Grealish? Or Phil Foden? Jadon Sancho? Bukayo Saka? Sterling? Smith-Rowe? I don't even see anything to suggest he will be very good in future. Someone is pulling a fast one here.

Squad, not team.

I think he has talent, but I haven't seen him as an exceptional talent worth the kind of money being talked about. Someone that could step up, but remains to be seen if he will do so.

Would be happy if we could sign him for a reasonable fee, wouldn't want to see if spend huge money on him.

Did people who watched the Saudi Sportswashing Machine vs Emirates Marketing Project match think there was hope given to stop Pep and City running away with another title?
Simply a bad day at the office for City or are there some structural issues that are exploitable?

Did people who watched the Saudi Sportswashing Outpost vs Emirates Marketing Project match think there was hope given to stop Pep and City running away with another title?
Simply a bad day at the office for City or are there some structural issues that are exploitable?
They look wide open defensively, and if Walker gets injured for a significant period, they're fudged! He saves them a lot with his pace! If they lose Bernardo Silva too, that will significantly weaken them.

Back