• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

There was no one running that show today. Complete mess of a game. Having seen him a number of times for Swansea this season Carroll is still the exact same player. Maybe he will come on a bit towards the end of the season. The problem all season with him is that his teammates don't trust him with the ball. He'll be in a position to receive the ball but wont be passed to if there is a player anywhere near him for fear of him being outmuscled. I have he can fit in pochs system he has all the quick tempo short passing skills but is very limited in offering the defensive support than both Mason and Bentaleb are able to do. I know someone will say play someone beside him to do his tackling for him but I think that isnt enough for Pochs current system.

He definitely was the only player on the pitch who was constantly calling for the ball. Even when he wasn't receiving it he was always pointing to his defenders where the ball should go. He's exactly the type of player we need that knows how to pick up the tempo in a match when (especially before bentaleb and Mason started coming on) we had a tendency to move it awfully slow in the middle of the park. I think this aspect of Carroll's game led to his involvement when AVB was here towards the end of matches AVB seemed to bring him on quite a bit when others would've chosen a player who plays further up field.

I'm excited to see what the future holds for him and what Poch will do with him, Mason, Bentaleb, and Holtby in the squad.

I thought that he looked like he had grown a bit and put on a little bulk when I was watching the highlights yesterday

Swansea fans on twitter want to sign him permanently. They really like him.

it wasnt too long ago ago they were calling him Tom 'can he pass forward' Carroll

id b happy for him to leave, just dont think he has what it takes to play for us. i would like to give him one last chance though

it wasnt too long ago ago they were calling him Tom 'can he pass forward' Carroll

id b happy for him to leave, just dont think he has what it takes to play for us. i would like to give him one last chance though

He is 100% good enough to play for us. He has had some good games against arsenal and city - yes he is small but he is no mug. Whether he gets the chance or not I don't know but he is a very tidy player who will play to a similar standard regardless of oppo

He is 100% good enough to play for us. He has had some good games against arsenal and city - yes he is small but he is no mug. Whether he gets the chance or not I don't know but he is a very tidy player who will play to a similar standard regardless of oppo

i dont think hes tough enough, he pussies out of too many challenges and isnt as mentally strong as mason and bentaleb

I think the truth is that we don't know if Carroll can cut it yet. Worth Poch having a proper look in training to see though as he is a good player.

i dont think hes tough enough, he pussies out of too many challenges and isnt as mentally strong as mason and bentaleb

What makes you say he is not mentally as strong as mason and bentaleb? I do not know either way so can not say but would love to know what makes you think he is not as strong mentally as the other two.

I haven't seen much of that, he is small but I do not think that he shirks challenges.

I don't see that at all and as far as his stature he has definitely grown into his body more the last year or so he's definitely no smaller than Bentaleb or Mason who are not exactly giants.

I think size in mf very overrated look at our own squad we have massive blokes in Capoue and Dembele who can't get in the first team and (rightfully so)

What makes you say he is not mentally as strong as mason and bentaleb? I do not know either way so can not say but would love to know what makes you think he is not as strong mentally as the other two.

shirking challenges, not brave enough to play forward and when the chips are down im not sure you can rely on him. bentaleb and mason have that 'fight' as they have shown

shirking challenges, not brave enough to play forward and when the chips are down im not sure you can rely on him. bentaleb and mason have that 'fight' as they have shown

But where do you get this from, which matches have you seen? He seemed fine to me when he played for Spurs a while ago, very brave in terms of forward passing, first touch, outside of the foot etc?

Watching Swansea v tranmere Carroll is running the show I can't believe that he doesn't have a future for us. With mason injured and Bentaleb going to acon shame he is on loan as I think he could have gotten a run of games

I'm not sure I would use him in CM - he's not defensively strong enough for that.

I wouldn't mind him being Eriksen's cover at ACM though, which is what he does at Swansea for Siggy.

I haven't seen much of that, he is small but I do not think that he shirks challenges.

This I agree 100% with. Whenever I've seen him play, he's never been afraid of physical challenges and never (as far as I have seen) has he pulled out of tackles.

I've seen him outmuscled a lot, though, and his physique is obviously an issue, but shirking challenges he doesn't, IMO.

But where do you get this from, which matches have you seen? He seemed fine to me when he played for Spurs a while ago, very brave in terms of forward passing, first touch, outside of the foot etc?

This question for me.

I find it very strange that Monk would like to sign him permanently if he's shirking out of tackles, if his teammates don't trust him with the ball and if he's not brave enough.

Incidentally Swansea did sign a youngster that's supposedly somewhat similar to Carroll. Could have been their next option after being told Carroll was not for sale at this point. Wonder what it will do for Carroll's first team chances.

I'm not sure I would use him in CM - he's not defensively strong enough for that.

I wouldn't mind him being Eriksen's cover at ACM though, which is what he does at Swansea for Siggy.

This, in our current setup - Bentaleb is deep, Mason more forward but still with defensive duties, Eriksen more free (but still has to work hard)

Carroll has promise, talent is there, my opinion is right now its personality, he needs to impose himself on the game, he needs to demand the ball, dictate the game (right now he doesn't)

Considering how well our Academy products are doing, I could see the club continuing to leave him out on loan, even for another season if needed.

QPR mainly played him there last season, with mixed results.

Back